On first try I could not get this working. The UI would not display the GSM's and GSC's started on the VM. Here's how I got it working with a little help from J.R. from Tricode:
The reason why the UI cannot see the GSM's and GSC's has to do with a multicasting problem. The XAP 7 documentation contains an item about configuring multicast. For me it was pretty simple.
- On the VM: I changed the hostname in /etc/hostname to 'giga1' and added the ip and hostname to /etc/hosts: '192.168.1.110 giga1'.
- On the UI host: I added the VM hostname and ipaddress to /etc/hosts: '192.168.1.110 giga1'
I ran the multicast test which was successfull are these changes. To run the multicast test run these commands. One on the VM and one on UI hosts:
gs>admin multicastTest -sender
gs>admin multicastTest -receiver -verbose
Here are some links for those who have more complex setups: